Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to you all! I got to sleep in a little this morning, so when I got up I had the energy to make muffins for breakfast. I used my heart-shaped muffin pans that I only use once a year.

These muffins are delicious and a long-time family favorite. I originally got the recipe from my mother-in-law, who I believe got this from a magazine in the 1990s. As my Valentine's Day gift, here's the recipe; enjoy!

Chocolate Chip-Orange Muffins

  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 12 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips--these are amazing with Trader Joe's chips!
  • grated peel of 1 medium orange

Combine milk, oil, egg, and vanilla. Add and mix in flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Fold in chips and orange peel. Scoop batter in greased or sprayed muffin tins and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, depending on your oven temperature (mine takes 23 minutes). Let sit in pans for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment