Friday, July 23, 2010

Sew What!

When I was cleaning my craft room a few weeks ago, the only eyesore in the room was the pile of mending on the table.

I got on a tear tonight and got it all done.

Patches pulled off of 3 Scout shirts, a patch sewn on another Scout shirt, buttons replaced on two items, and 4 rips repaired. It only took a little over an hour to do all of that. Some of these items had been around for years!

A couple of my favorites:

JJ originally had this shirt, and it passed to Nicky. They've both loved it.


I know, I know...

This is a vest I made about 15 years ago for Christmas. I was trying to learn to sew. I thinm it came out OK. It ripped in the middle of the back about 10 years ago and I haven't worn it since. I thought it was a goner. But I tried to piece the edges together with a zigzag stitch, and you can barely tell where the rip was!

I love the fabric...it's a Susan Winget design.

Now here's the table:

Finally...a clean craft room! And more clothes to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment