Monday, July 5, 2010

Flowers and Critters and Memories

My Gerbera daisies from last week were on their last legs. So on my trip to the grocery store this morning I picked up some more flowers.

The kitchen table...the Gerberas from last week were still OK, so I left them, and added sunflowers.
The dining room...a lovely bouquet with a variety of flowers...love the orange daisies.

JJ walked Bingo earlier and saw this critter come out of the neighbor's yard...

The sun was still out, so I was a little surprised to see a raccoon in the daylight!

I've been thinking of my dad a lot today. It's been 8 years today that he passed away. It's so hard to believe that he--and my mom--have been gone that long. In my cleaning of the cedar closet over the past week, I've found a large number of pictures of my family over the years, and here is one of my favorites.

Pre-Billy, this was taken by a professional photographer--in our living room! Only in 1968 would you find a photographer who makes house calls!

I still miss you, Pop. Every day.

1 comment:

  1. Love the family photo! It hasn't quite been three years since my Dad passed away, and some days are still a real struggle. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete