Thursday, January 7, 2010

On Top of the World!

Our last day in New York we visited the Empire State Building. Eric and I have been before, but the kids hadn't, so it was great to see them enjoy the view.

Wow, this building is tall! We're going up to the 86th floor observation area.



The Hudson River and surrounding buildings...

I love the gold-domed building! I never did find out what that was.


That's a LOT of real estate!


Yes, that's the Statue of Liberty! It was too cold for a boat ride to see her...maybe next time.



Here are my boys! JJ looks like he's holding on for dear life...it WAS a windy day. 21 degrees, very high winds witha wind chill of 9 degrees. I can only imagine how cold it was 86 stories up! Part of the observation area was closed off due to the high winds.



The Chrysler Building...

I love this gold-plated rock wall leading into and out of the Empire State Building. And look what they had!


Yep...a Christmas tree!

The holidays in New York were wonderful...everything I'd thought they'd be...and more. We had a great time and can't wait to go back and see much much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment