Monday, July 20, 2009

One Small Step for Man...One Dream Realized

Today is the 40th anniversary of the moon landing. I remember watching it on our dinky little black and white TV, past my bedtime, but history was being made, so my folks let me stay up. I was 6 years old. What a cool thing to watch...

At one time man walking on the moon was a pipe dream, the stuff of futuristic fiction. But no more.

On our recent vacation we saw a different kind of dream...the Field of Dreams movie site, in Dyersville, Iowa. We stopped off there on Friday before visiting the University of Iowa. It was very cool, although I didn't see James Earl Jones and Ray Liotta in the corn. Bummer...


The field itself looked much bigger in the movie! But it was good enough for me to actually run the bases! (Well, it was more like a slow jog.)

The house looked just as it did in the movie...right to the porch swing in the corner!


If you build it, he will come....and we did, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment