Saturday, January 12, 2013

Off to the Races

Today was the first of 3 Pinewood Derby races I get to attend as a Unit Commissioner. I visited my old Pack today, Pack 789. They put me to work, judging cars and tallying the results!

Some of my favorites...


A view from the top of the track...and they're off!


Who's hungry? Wonder if this was the same kid who did the Hershey bar last year!


 Popcorn! Yes, the exhaust fumes are real kernels of popcorn!


Three little piggies cried "Whee, whee, whee!" all the way down the track!


The bullet! The clamp on the end was removed in time for the race. I don't know about speed, but it won Judges' Choice!


Go, Steelers!


Spidey senses were tingling...it wanted to race!


 Mario!

This was a leader's car...the Smack-talk Express. I laughed at this one!

Love the Derby, The Cub Scouts love this event almost as much as the Dads do!


1 comment: