Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

Well, it's the start of yet another year. My blogging has been like the rest of my life...hit-or-miss and a bit lackluster. But hey, it's the start of a new year, and a fresh look at life, right?

Right??

Last New Year's I made a "list" (I won't call them resolutions) of things I hoped to get accomplished in 2012. Here is that list--let's see how I did!

1. Make better food choices.Ha!
2. Write my choices down. I do better when I'm accountable, if only to myself.Nope.
3. Make time for exercise! At least 3 days a week.Haven't been to the gym in over a year.
4. Keep up with the housework. When I work a lot I tend to let the house slide, and then we live in a mess until I get around to cleaning. A little every day gets the job done.Summers, yes, but during the school year? Fail. 
5. Make time for crafting. I really enjoy crocheting and cross-stitching, but never make time for it, because I think I should be cleaning, or something. This relaxes me, and makes me happy. If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!Did not touch a craft project other than assembling the one last New Year's. 


So according to my "list" from last year, 2012 was a failure. What went right?


I worked a lot. Even got another long-term subbing position this past fall, in 7th grade Reading/Language Arts. The school keeps me plenty busy, and I do enjoy being there.
I had the vacation of a lifetime! Thanks to all of Eric's travels over the years, we were able to redeem points and frequent flyer miles for all four of us to spend 2 weeks in Italy and Paris! Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the summer:





The Vatican and St. Peter's Basilica...


The Colosseum in Rome...


View from Positano, Italy...the city built in the side of a cliff...

                                      

Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris...


Everyone knows this one! The Eiffel Tower...


Can't go to Paris and not pay our respects to the Lizard King! Jim Morrison's grave...


And the lovely Mona Lisa...

Trip of a lifetime...

Also this year, Nicky made Eagle Scout! His Court of Honor is this coming weekend.

JJ has one full year of college left--he'll be graduating a semester early. Wow.

And Eric is still employed...27 years at CNN. Who would have ever thought he'd be there that long?

So I guess 2012 wasn't such a failure. 

But there's definitely room for improvement.

So with that, here are my hopes for 2013:

1. Begin taking care of myself again. Eating right and exercising.
2. Daily pickup of the house, 15 minutes at a time. Even if it's only 15 minutes per day.
3. Make time for the things I enjoy at least twice a month...crafting, reading for pleasure.
4. Quality family time...dinners out, the occasional game night, watching TV as a family.

That's enough. Plenty.

Happy New Year! May all your hopes and dreams and lists come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment