Friday, December 17, 2010

Cub Scouts Freezing Before a Fire...

Not the same as the old Chestnuts song!!! But true.

Tonight I visited my old Cub Scout Pack as their Unit Commissioner for their annual December Pack meeting...Christmas caroling around a bonfire. It was doubly Christmas-y because of the snow we just had.

 It was cozy, but still cold. I was asked to help the Tiger Cubs sing their song...Jolly Old St. Nicholas. We did OK, but that had better NOT end up on YouTube!

Towards the end of the caroling, we were thrown a bit by the arrival of our local volunteer fire department. We thought they had been called because of our fire.

 Turns out that Santa had heard of our bonfire and while he personally wasn't able to attend (he's a little busy this time of year, after all), he sent one of his elves in his place to pass out candy canes to all the good little boys and girls.
That was a nice touch.

It was a good meeting and a very fun evening. But wow, my toes were really red when I got home! Even with a double layer of thick socks and hiking boots.

This meeting is not to be missed, though. And I'm glad I didn't.

Ho, ho, ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment