Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Scout is Helpful

It has been a busy Scout weekend. Friday night we did our annual Scouting for Food drive at our local Safeway. We collected 436 pounds of food for our local food pantry!
Here's Nicky on the far right with some other members of our troop getting ready to pass out bags to customers heading into the store.

JJ and his friend John waiting to receive bags on the way out:


It was a successful collection!
Today several Scouts helped our charter organization, the American Legion, with their annual Toys for Tots collection. We unloaded a U-Haul full of toys and lined them up for inventory and distribution.

There were lots of board games!


Now I'm hoping the next point of the Scout Law is: A Scout takes a break!

1 comment:

  1. I love your Scout posts - my son is a Boy Scout also! (He is in 6th grade!) I am proud of all he has done in Scouts! Thanks for sharing your pictures! I have a recent post on my blog about a Flag Folding ceremony that we recently went to, if you would like to stop by!

    ReplyDelete