Saturday, November 7, 2009

Oh, What a Night

Eric took me out last night for our anniversary celebration. We went into Washington for dinner and a show, although I had no idea what we were doing. After 20 years, he can still surprise me!
We started off at the Capital Grille for a fabulous steak, mashed potatoes, butternut squash, and some champagne. Yummy.

I knew we were going to eat, and where. The next part of the evening was a surprise.
I'm a big fan of musical theater, but Eric...let's just say it's not his thing and leave it at that. So this was a huge deal that he scored us tickets to see the travelling tour of Broadway's Jersey Boys, the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. What a great show and the music...sometimes I really had to listen to tell whether the actors were singing or lip synching to Four Seasons records. They were terrific! Very enjoyable show.

Since the kids are older now, we decided to stay in DC for the night at the JW Marriott, a VERY nice hotel a couple doors down from the National Theater. We had a room with a view...



Gotta love the Washington Monument.

I had to get this picture of the building next door...harkening back to my former life as a journalist...


After a quick breakfast at the Corner Bakery, we headed back home in time to see JJ off to work.

Thanks, dear, for a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment