Saturday, October 17, 2009

It's Raining, Man...(With Apologies to The Weather Girls)

It has been raining here for 3 straight days. And cold. More to come tomorrow, and maybe Monday. Ick.

My poor Nicky was camping with the Boy Scouts last night at our District Camporee. Now Boy Scouts are known for camping in the rain, wind, snow, etc. The District cancelled the Camporee this morning. Go home, dry out, warm up.

His gear was SOAKED. Dripping all over the back of the car. Completely saturated. Again I say, ick.

I sent him inside to change clothes and warm up, while I got the fun part...unloading the car. I laid the tent and tarp out in the garage to begin drying out.


Then came the sleeping bag. I don't know how he would have slept in it tonight.


I think we're in for the night. Maybe for the rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment