Thursday, March 12, 2009

Here's to You, Juliette!

Today is the birthday of Juliette Gordon Low, the founder of Girl Scouting. March 12th is celebrated as Girl Scout Day. As a Girl Scout growing up in Georgia, I made several trips to the Juliette Low birthplace in Savannah. It was always so interesting to me...I loved Girl Scouts and went from Juniors to 1 year of Cadettes before the only troop folded and I had nowhere to continue. (That must be why I'm such a die-hard Boy Scout volunteer!) Anyway, I didn't take many pictures when I was young, but I did find this old picture from 1975 of me and my friend Yvette, taken in Atlanta when our troop took a field trip to the State Capital.




Yeah, yeah, I know...horrendous glasses! They were dark blue octogons. WHAT was I thinking?? But anyway, here I am, 12 years old, in my Junior Scout uniform.

Happy Birthday, Miss Juliette! Go, Girl Scouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment