Saturday, September 18, 2010

For All the Pets Out There

Nicky, Eric and I did an official 5K today...to benefit the local Humane Society. We went to Solomons Island, which isn't really an island, but that's beside the point. :)

Here are my boys...I had number 289.

And the runners are off! We were walkers, so we helped bring up the rear.

The 5K mascot was there to see us off...I didn't think I'd ever get a picture because every time I approached, she took her dadgum head off!!!

This is the evil Thomas Johnson Bridge...I won't drive over this one. Evil. Two lanes, VERY narrow, and VERY high. Evil. This is where the Patuxent River meets the Chesapeake Bay. Pretty. But evil.

Eric and Nicky are just ahead of me here...I led for most of the route, but fell behind here to take a few pictures.

Like this one of the Chesapeake. Just beautiful at this time of morning.

No pictures of the finish line, since we all decided to run across it. But we finished in about 45 minutes, which isn't too bad, considering how many times I stopped to take pictures.

Here are Nicky and me in our official 5K T shirts after we finished.

And Eric and me.

It was fun---a very good turnout. I look forward to the next one...maybe someday I'll actually run one of these instead of walk!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I'm sure the pets appreciate the walkers just as much as the runners... :o)))

    ReplyDelete