Friday, September 4, 2009

The Road to Oz

The kids and I went to Bethesda, MD today to the Council Boy Scout shop. It's clear on the other side of DC from us and is quite the drive. Just as we approach Silver Spring we come upon what looks like a castle:


This is the Mormon temple located in Silver Spring. When Eric was growing up there, he always thought it looks like the Emerald City from "The Wizard of Oz".


Yeah, I can see it.

And did you see the traffic in the first picture?? Thank goodness JJ was operating the camera while I was driving! What a mess DC traffic is! But that's a story for another time...

1 comment:

  1. WOW, I remember this from my high school years in No VA! How funny!
    Hadn't thought about it in years!
    Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Patty!

    Mria in ATL

    ReplyDelete